What the Course Entails
لِّـتُؤۡمِنُوۡا بِاللّٰهِ وَ رَسُوۡلِهٖ وَتُعَزِّرُوۡهُ وَتُوَقِّرُوۡهُ ؕ وَتُسَبِّحُوۡهُ بُكۡرَةً وَّاَصِيۡلًا
‘If you want to believe in God and his Messenger, you must revere and adore [Prophet Mohammad (PBUH)]. And support him.’
The Elementary Sufi Course will focus on the fundamentals of Sufism; a detailed introduction to Sufism, its origin and authenticity. It is heavily influenced by the Quran.
Upon completion of the Elementary Sufi Course you will have a thorough understanding of the basic principles of Sufism and the process to becoming a true Sufi. This course will unlock your inner potential and pave the way for self-discovery.
As Mevlana Rumi said, ‘Purify yourself from the attributes of self, so that you may see your own pure, untarnished essence.’
‘God has treasured his distinctive mark in each and every one of us, the only thing we need to do is explore our own self.’ - Sufi Younus AlGohar⠀⠀
What is Sufism and how does one become a Sufi?
Is the Sufi Path for everyone?
The roots of Sufism in every religion
Sufism in light of the Quran and Prophetic Traditions
How is Sufism an antidote to sectarianism?
Sufism - innovation (Biddah) or not?
How Sufism is the heart of the Quran
Make sure you are fully prepared before you start the course.
Please have a notebook on hand
Make sure you have downloaded the apps
You will need these websites and apps as reference material for the course
Quran Explorer (Noble Education Foundation)
iPhone Users: Download the Quran Explorer AppAndroid Users: Download the Quran Explorer App
Instructions for this course
Day 1: Video
Chapter 1 - Dhakooriyat
Day 2: Video
Chapter 2: The Significance of the Spiritual Heart
Day 3: Video
Chapter 3 - The Functions of the Spiritual Heart
- Lesson 1 - The Spiritual Heart FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 2 - The First Function: Communication with God and Understanding of Religion and God FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 3 - The Second Function: Divine Love FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 4 - The Third Function: Academic Use of the Spiritual Heart to Transmit Knowledge FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 5 - The Fourth Function: Connection with God and Recognising Other Saints FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 6 - The Fifth Function: Connection With the Spiritual Mediator FREE PREVIEW
Chapter 4 - Nafs (The Lower Self)
- Lesson 1 - The Negative Psyche FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 2 - Impurity of the Lower Self FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 3 - Nafs e Ammarah (The Commanding Self) FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 4 - The Purgation of the Lower Self FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 5 - Reversion of the Lower Self After Purgation FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 6 - Nafs e Mutmaina (The Contented Self) FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 7 - The Doctrine of the Lower Self FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 8 - Crushing the Ego FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 9 - The Higher Self & The Lower Self FREE PREVIEW
Chapter 6 - The Assortment of Souls
- Lesson 1 - Categories of Souls FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 2 - The Religion of God: Chapter of Muraqibah (Transcendental Meditation) FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 3 - The Religion of God: Who Deserves the Paradise? FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 4 - Religion of God: Which Individuals Qualify for Taqwa (Piety) FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 5 - The Religion of God: The Number of Souls Created in the Heaven Exceeded the Limit FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 6 - The Religion of God: In the End Times FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 7 - Sufism vs Spirituality FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 8 - Numeric Values of God's Names FREE PREVIEW
Chapter 7 - Ism e Dhaat Allah (God's Personal Name)
- Lesson 1 - The Eminence of Ism e Dhaat Allah (God's Personal Name) FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 2 - The Nature of Ism e Dhaat Allah FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 3 - Izn e Dhikr e Qalb (Request and Divine Grant for Heart Activation) FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 4 - The Custodians of God’s Personal Name FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 5 - The Final Custodian: The Pride of Humanity FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 6 - Sufi Master Younus AlGohar’s Crucial Message to Seekers of the Sufi Path FREE PREVIEW
Chapter 8 - Bespoke Sufism
Chapter 9 - Sufi Etiquettes
- Lesson 1 - Sufi Master Younus AlGohar's Guidelines for Novice Sufis (1) FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 2 - Sufi Master Younus AlGohar's Guidelines for Novice Sufis (2) FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 3 - Sufism and Equality FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 4 - Excerpts from The Religion of God (Divine Love) FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 5 - The Sufi Character FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 6 - An Introduction to the Divine Signs FREE PREVIEW
Day 10: Video
- TSC Lecture: Day #10 - Part #1 FREE PREVIEW
- TSC Lecture: Day #10 - Part #2
Chapter 11 - Spiritual Grace
- Lesson 1 - Types of Spiritual Knowledge FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 2 - Shariat vs. Tariqat FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 3 - Methods of Obtaining Spiritual Grace FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 4 - The Ideology of Wahdat al Wajood and Wahdat al Shahood FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 5 - Jussa e Tofeeq e Ilahi (Divine Sub-spirit) FREE PREVIEW
Introduction to Sufi Master Younus AlGohar
Sufi Spiritual Revivalist
Sufi Younus AlGohar is a peace activist, a mystic, a writer, a poet, a CEO and the host of ALRA TV’s live show, Sufi Online. He holds a master’s degree in Islamic Studies.
Sufi Younus AlGohar met his Spiritual Master and teacher, His Divine Eminence Gohar Shahi, while he was at college. Under the auspicious supervision of HDE Gohar Shahi, Sufi Younus AlGohar crossed the spiritual milestones many of us have only read about. From Dhakuriyah (commemoration of God’s name in the subtleties) to Muraqibah (Transcendental Meditation) to Deedar-e-Ilahi (witnessing the divine splendour), Sufi Younus AlGohar experienced it all - and more.
Now, having spent most of his life walking the Sufi path, he has been working to make this mystical doctrine accessible for all.
In the series of courses offered here, Sufi Younus AlGohar not only approaches Sufism in uniquely analytical and educational way, he also explains how to apply it practically.